Ladies and Gentlemen
Thursday May 24th 2012 was an exceptional day for Midland. Huronia Players opened their theatre in the new Midland Cultural Centre to thunderous applause. The Centre is a beautiful modern building that heralds a bright future for our community. Be part of the setting of this major Midland milestone - please attend the opening ceremonies on Saturday June 9th at 10:00 am at the Centre on Elizabeth Street.
Monday May 28th sees the May Council meeting at 7:00 pm in the Council Chambers. The agenda includes:
- Three deputations: Urban Trees; Out of the Cold; and Human Rights
- A number of items pertaining to the Museum, including who fixes the roof and future lease arrangements
- Announcement of Mr. Marc Villeneuve as our new Director of Treasury and Finance
- With building permits now ahead of the 2011 level, further information on the projects at Tim Hortons, Pro Oil (including the white pine tree issue), Hugel Lofts and the Canadian Tire development
On Tuesday members of the private sector will gather to discuss how to direct economic development in Midland. This information will form an important element of our economic development plans.
The Renew Midland group will meet again on Wednesday May 30th. The project continues to go well with the next stage involving contacting prospective landlords. That evening, a special recognition event will be held by the 724 Midland Lions Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron. Retiring cadet instructor Captain David Elwell will be honoured for 28 years of guiding the youth of Midland.
Thursday May 31st invites you to a Doors Open Huronia launch party at the Library restaurant at 3:00 pm.
Then on Saturday June 2nd it really gets busy:
- The annual Kids Fishing Derby starts at 9:00 am at the Town dock
- At 11 am the Midland Bay Sailing Club host it’s Sailpast in support of Big Brothers and Sisters of North Simcoe. Should be a wonderful spectacle.
- Also at 11 am in Victoria Harbor is the start of the MARC BBQ fundraiser
- To cap off the day at 5:00 pm is the Huronia Community Foundation gala and philanthropic awards night
June 2nd and 3rd is Doors Open weekend. Your chance to get out and see some special historical homes and buildings throughout our area. For information please see: http://www.doorsopenontario.on.ca/Events/Huronia.aspx
Be part of Midland’s exciting Year of Having Fun - 2012.