Ladies and Gentlemen
It’s one of those weekends that you never want to end. The sun is shining, shops are busy, the farmers market is back in operation, last minute details are being completed at our new Cultural Centre. The start of a great summer.
The work week starts on Tuesday with a meeting of County Council in Midhurst. Likely some heated discussion about where the province wants to see the County’s growth occur. We are also starting a review of County governance. Are 32 Councillors too many?
Wednesday May 23rd is a busy day:
- I will be heading down to Georgian College’s, Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Centre in Barrie. A closer association will help our own economic development plans in Midland
- The County will visit Tiny to update area Councils on the Midland - Penetanguishene transfer site and closed landfill
- This is Rotary Random Act of Kindness Day. Your chance to pleasantly surprise your fellow citizens with a small act of unexpected kindness. Come down to Town Hall for a free cup of coffee or visit the free noon-time BBQ at the Town Dock.
Thursday May 24th is also busy:
- The four mayors meet on the economy. One agenda item will be cooperation on joint tourism.
- At 5:00 pm we cut the ribbon for the opening night of Huronia Players in their new theatre at the Midland Cultural Centre. The opening play is Our Town. Tickets are still available for some nights.
- At 7:00 pm the Town will host a Town Hall meeting at the NSSRC to hear your views on whether Midland should be considering a casino. A variety of information on this topic can be found at:
On Friday May 25th you have to be up early for the Dock to Dock Bike Ride. The ride starts at 8:00 am at the DOCK radio station parking lot on Cranston- then down King Street to the Town Dock.
And then the weekend:
- Saturday May 26th at 4:00 pm, the Coldwater Curling Club honors Glen Howard. You are welcome to attend. Glen will also grace our Canada Day parade in Midland.
- Sunday May 27th at 1:00 pm the Lions Walk for Guide Dogs, starting at the Town Dock.
Be part of Midland’s exciting Year of Having Fun - 2012.