Ladies and Gentlemen
There is nothing like a long Easter weekend to put one in a good mood – and delay the release of News from the Town.
Tuesday April 26th starts with County Council at in Midhurst. Items include a decision on whether to change the County’s import /export policy on waste, plus a public meeting on Development Charges.
At that day is the Grand Opening of Chigamik, your new community health centre. The celebration takes places at their location at
845 King St. All are welcome.
In the evening are three Town meetings. At Midland Council meets to review the Chamber of Commerce relationship with the Town. Then we go in camera for a personnel matter. At is Midland Council. It should be a colorful meeting as we will be decked out in the Penetanguishene Kings hockey sweaters. A long agenda including;
- a public meeting
o naming a road allowance -
Reid Ct. (by the new Shoppers Drug mart)
o election sign by-law
- initial discussion of a new sailing event for Midland/Penetanguishene
- by-laws to allow the Moranis property at 422 King to be rezoned; the Recycling Specialties Inc. proposal for rezoning 1001 Franke Kindred; and the deferral of the Employment Area study
- a by-law to set our tax rate - bottom line, the average home will see a property tax hike of 1.5% this year
On Thursday April 28th at your Council will meet to discuss strategy at the NSSRC. This meeting is open to the public. You are welcome to come and hear what Council considers as our Town priorities over the next four years.
And on Sunday May 1st get your running shoes on:
- the YMCA is hosting 3 different runs starting at the YMCA building in Little Lake Park
- is the Steps for Life event in
Pete Peterson Park
- is the Hospice Huronia Hike starting at the Penetanguishene Curling Club.