Ladies and Gentlemen
A definite sense of “real spring” in the air. I will keep this short so you will have a chance to get outside – you don’t want to miss it.
Monday March 31st (yes March is over) starts at 11:00 am with raising the flag at Town Hall for the Canadian Cancer Society. April is “Daffodil Month” in support of cancer research and support
At 7:00 pm at Town Hall there will be a continuation of last week’s March Council meeting. Hopefully not too long a meeting, as it will largely deal with many items pulled from the Consent Agenda and the Planning and Development Committee report. (The Consent Agenda includes the many items of an informational nature that the Town receives on a regular basis. These may include notice of tag days, letters from other levels of government and minutes of past meetings.)
Following that meeting, there will be a closed Council meeting to discuss matters concerning the potential sale of the MPUC.
Tuesday April 1st – no comment (no joking!)
Wednesday April 2nd sees another flag raising at 11:00 am, this one in recognition of Autism spectrum disorder. At 6:00 pm there will be a closed meeting to discuss a personal issue. Then at 7:00 pm at Town Hall is the Planning and Development Committee meeting, including:
- A Public Meeting (you may speak) concerning two matters:
o Proposed Official Plan Amendment for the Unimin lands
o Zoning change for the Guesthouse project on Elizabeth St.
- Preparation for the Downtown Master Plan project
- Review of the County Master Transportation Plan
· At 1:30 the Ontario Volunteer Network launches its Change the World campaign at Wye Marsh. This initiative gets area youth involved in volunteerism.
· We are the Villagers hosts a charity spring fashion show at 2:00 pm at the Library Restaurant. Tickets are $35.
Be part of Midland’s Year of Making Decisions - 2014