Ladies and Gentlemen
A cold week ahead but a lot going on in the Town to keep you warm. By the way, I hope you were able to get out and enjoy Winterfest
Monday the 8th starts at 6:30 with a closed meeting. At 7:00 pm is the Committee meeting of the Town (Written Input). A long agenda with a few contentious items:
- Discussion of pedestrian crossing on Yonge Street by Mundy’s Bay school
- Proposal for off-leash areas in Little Lake and Tiffin Parks
- Discussion to permit paint ball operations by “zone” (as opposed to be site)
- A draft by-law that would allow increased entry onto “lands” (premises) by Town officials to enforce by-laws
- A review of our experience with the heavy garbage voucher system this past year
- Suggested changes to Town procedures including how we call Town meetings and how long Councillors can debate topics
On Wednesday February the 10th the County comes to the NSSRC to discuss garbage. (Information session at 4:30 pm; Public discussion at 7:00 pm) The County is currently trying to discern our waste future - Do we need more landfills? Should we export our waste? What do you do with heavy pick-up and sewage? The answers to these questions will significantly affect your future and that of your children. If you want to make a significant difference to our waste future, please take time to get involved. If you want more information, take a look at the County’s website www.simcoe.ca or Zero Waste Simcoe at www.zerowastesimcoe.org.
Thursday sees the opening of Huronia Players’ new play Danock’s Dance. Well worth going.
And finally on Friday: at 8:00 am at the North Simcoe Community Futures Development Corporation offices, the BR+E committee will discuss economic plans for our area