Ladies and Gentlemen
Fall is about to get started and so to News from the Town. It is good to be back for a third year. I will try to keep you informed of the many interesting things going on with your Town and Town Council. If you have topics that you would like to see reported, let me know.
You Council meets this Monday September 14th at 6:30 in Boardroom B to discuss a property acquisition matter. (You May Not Speak). Then at 7:00 we move to the Council Chamber for the Committee meeting (Written Input). Some of the more interesting items are:
- A proposed By-Law to prohibit smoking within 10m of playgrounds or sports fields
- A By-Law amendment that recognizes Farmer’s Markets in Midland
- A proposal to increase fines to $105 for downtown business owners who fail to clear snow from their sidewalk and residents who pile snow on municipal sidewalks and roads
- An update on our recently cancelled SOS program
- A review of the Tiny Township resolution to abandon Site 41 and to withdraw the related Certificate of Approval. (Note: The County will vote on this matter on September 22nd)
This Thursday September 17th, the North Simcoe Community Futures Development Corporation will meet at 7:30 am to continue its work on an economic strategy for our area.
If you want to attend an enjoyable event this Saturday the 19th, consider the Huronia Foundation for the Arts fundraiser at 5:00 pm at NSSRC. Good art, music, food and it supports your local artists.
And lastly, Sunnyside Drive will be closed at Vindin Street for Monday, September 14, 2009 from approximately 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to permit repaving of the roadway