Ladies and Gentlemen
A good night for trick or treating although the rain did cut the festivities short. Our Halloween treat comes from our good neighbours in Penetanguishene who voted to go ahead with their funding for the new joint transit link between Midland and Pentanguishene. The matter should come back to Midland Council in November with the new bus in place likely in early 2016.
Monday November 2nd you are invited to a special Art and Desert event with noted local artist, Ms. Lu Robitaille. The event takes place at her home at 21 Pommel Place in Penetanguishene starting at 6:00 pm. At 7:30 pm the International Festival of Authors hosts John Wright, author of A Life with Words at the MCC.
Then on to Wednesday the 4th for a couple of Town meetings. At 5:00 pm is a closed session to discuss personal and labour negotiation matters. At 7:00 pm at the Town is the Planning and Development Committee. The agenda features:
- Discussion of the Town’s new Source Protection Plan. This provincially mandated plan is designed to keep our drinking water safe
- Presentation of the Hanson “Community Design Guidelines” – our first in-depth look at how they propose to design our newest neighbourhood
- Comments on First Nation involvement in the Town’s Official Plan reviewThursday November 5th starts at 9:00 am at the County for a Governance Committee meeting. Then at 7:00 pm at the Library, the citizens group sponsoring our Syrian refugee family will hold a meeting. They are expecting our family could arrive within 4-6 weeks.On Friday the 6th it’s the first of the Big Wigs shows at MCC at 8:00 pm, colourfully organized by Midland’s own Jodie James.WeekendSaturday
- 8:00 pm Big Wigs again at the MCCSunday
- The Irish Rovers at the MCC
Remembrance Day draws closer. Please wear your poppy as a sign of respect for all of our women and men in uniform who have given their lives for our Canada.
Be part of Midland’s Year of Bold Action - 2015