Ladies and Gentlemen
While many of us are still trying to decide if it is winter or not, the days are getting noticeably longer. Its going to be touch and go with all our upcoming winter festivals. However the Town’s snow-plowing budget is happy.
A public meeting will be held Monday January 30th by the Town Community Services department to discuss the Birchwood Trail extension. (This is the trail between the Birchwood and
sub-divisions). The meeting is at at the NSSRC. Tiffin
Then on Tuesday January 31st, Garfield Dunlop MPP is holding his budget consultation starting at at the Brooklea Golf Club. Your chance for input on the provincial budget discussion.
Wednesday February 1st is a busy day. We will host our first Healthcare Summit at the Town. This special meeting brings together the leaders in our area’s healthcare industry to develop ideas to expand our local healthcare economy. While the meeting itself is not public, the ideas developed will be brought forward through the Town’s Economic Action Initiative.
At on Wednesday at the Town is the Planning and Development Committee. A short but informative agenda including:
- an update on
’s activities to bring new jobs to our Town Midland
- an update on the imp[act of the recent provincial announcement regarding the Simcoe Area Growth Plan
- a proposal to develop the properties at
164/174 Pillsbury Dr
- a minor change of residential office zoning for the historical home at
382 King St.
Please note, the recycling plant issue will not be brought forward as the concerned parties are still discussing a good resolution.
Friday - its Winterfest. Get the family together and come on down to Little Lake Park for our winter extravaganza. There are too many things to tell you about so please go to the Town’s website to plan your entire weekend. Please visit
Some of the events that I plan to attend are:
- the “puddle-jump” competition at Little Lake Park at 11:00 am on Saturday
- the CLH fundraiser, featuring Amy Sky, at the Best Western starting at on Saturday
- on Sunday, the MARC Spelling Bee starting at 9:00 am