Ladies and Gentlemen
I’m just back from a walk along our lovely waterfront trail with the sprightly ladies of “Grandmothers’ Hands”. If you want a treat, come down to the water and see
at its best. Midland
On Monday the four
North Simcoe municipalities will be holding an Economic Summit for municipal councillors. This event will give us a rare chance to meet our neighbouring councillors and learn how economic development will help our communities.
Tuesday June 7th at at the County museum, County Council meets to start its strategy planning session. The session involves all 32 County councilors, an external facilitator and should be completed by July. As an FYI, Midland Council should be holding its third strategy planning meeting towards the end of the month (date to be announced).
Thursday June 9th at is the Waypoint
AGM at gym 500 Church in Penetanguishene. (Waypoint is the former Mental Health Centre in Penetanguishene) Oak Ridge
Friday June 10th at Midland Honda will host its post-tornado Grand Reopening Event. A warm welcome will be found at their dealership at 868 King. Please call 526-1344 to let them know you are coming.
On Saturday June 11;
- Saturday (and Sunday) sees the Family Day and Fly–In at the
. Music, displays and aircraft rides – fun for all from to Huronia Municipal Airport
- The 724 Midland Lions Air Cadet Squadron will hold its ceremonial review at the NSSRC at
- An interdenominational discussion of faith and life will be held at at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints building at 1573 Golf Link Rd.
Summer should be a time of few worries. We all need to take a few precautions to make sure that we are safe. The following is an important message from our
Midland Police Service would like to remind the public to “Lock it or Lose it…”
· Keep your vehicle locked at all times when not in use
· Remove valuables from your vehicle that are in plain sight
· Lock up your bicycles at all times
· Keep out buildings and doors locked to your home at all times
In March and April 2011, (50%) or more of all thefts were a result of people leaving property in plain view, or not securing property.
Please do your part and lock it up!
Please help our good police officers help you. Thank you.