Ladies and Gentlemen
Mother Nature is starting to test us with a few snow flurries. But with a high tomorrow of 16c I can put off fueling the snowblower for another week – I hope.
Monday November 22nd sees the last Council meeting of the old Council (Deputation Only). It takes place at 7:00 pm in the NSSRC. A short agenda including:
- the Town’s new employee use of vehicles policy
- recommended appointments to the downtown BIA Board
- vote on by-laws authorizing $3.5 million in debt financing
Tuesday November 23rd at 9:00 am in Midhurst is the last meeting of the outgoing County Council. County Council has a direct impact on the residents of Midland in everything from tax rate, to waste services to social housing. I plan to provide you more information on your County Council in the years ahead.
On Thursday November 25th at 7:00 the YMCA is celebrating an evening of Peace with music, poetry and guest speakers, This year’s Peace Medallion recipient is Erin Chapelle, a new Councillor in Penetanguishene. This event takes place at 334 King St. in Midland.
At 6:00 pm this Friday the Town hosts its annual staff Christmas party. This festive event honors our staff and many community volunteers.
Two closing items:
- your new Council will continue the discussion on your taxes in December. You may wish to take a look at my blog on the topic at http://newsfromthetown.blogspot.com/2010/11/taxes-where-do-you-stand.html
- please vote every day at http://www.refresheverything.ca/light-registration. We need those hospital beds.