Ladies and Gentlemen
Who turned off the heat? One day its summer and the next day we get a frigid reminder that fall is coming. Time for schools, industry and your Town to get back to regular business.
I hope that you all have had a great summer and are ready for an interesting fall. As you know this is an election year. Please be aware that your editor is running for Mayor of Midland. I will do my best to keep News from the Town non-partisan throughout the campaign. But I intend to devote one edition to the Town’s challenges and future.
The upcoming week is quiet:
- Public Works Committee meets on Wednesday September the 8th at 2:00 pm at the Town offices (no agenda)
- Committee of Adjustment meets on Thursday September the 9th at 6:30 pm. Please call the Town for location (526-4275)
The following week will see the start of the Town’s 2011 budget process.
On the election front
- Election Day is Monday October 25th
- All nominations need to registered with the Town Clerk before 2:00 pm on Friday September 10th
- Advance polls are at the NSCSRC on:
o October 13 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
o October 14 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
o October 16 10:00 am to 8:00 pm