Ladies and Gentlemen
The glorious days of early fall have started. I will be able to improve my weather commentary in the days ahead as election door-knocking gets you outside a fair bit.
Your Council meets this Monday September 13th at 7:00 pm at the NSSRC for the monthly General Committee meeting (Written Input Only). A fairly short and innocuous agenda including:
- a donation of land at 154 Yonge St. to the Town for a park
- a recommendation for the purchase of a $430,000 fire truck
- a report showing the continuing high rate of parking infractions in downtown Midland
On Tuesday September 14th you have your choice.
- at 4:00 pm at NSSRC is a meeting to discuss the skateboard park renovations (all welcome)
- at 7:00 pm at the Public Library is the Heritage Committee (all welcome)
Thursday at 5:30 pm at the Town’s Dominion Ave. offices sees the first of our budget meetings. The discussion will focus on capital requirements. This meeting is important as it establishes the base for our spending intentions in 2011.
And lastly on Saturday, starting at 10 am be sure to attend the Midland Area Reading Council book sale at the Little Lake Park pavilion.