Ladies and Gentlemen
So who invited winter back? I drove up highway 27 yesterday in near whiteout conditions. Pity the poor tulips.
Monday May 10th starts at 6:00 pm at the Town with a closed meeting. Then at 7:00 pm is your General Committee (Written Input Only) Should be a relatively short meeting including:
- Announcement of the spring water main flushing program. Homeowners will be notified by notice if your neighborhood is affected.
- An authorizing by-law to proceed with development of the LRG lands, (also know as the VLA lands) .
- Answers to questions raised about leachate monitoring at the Golf Link Road transfer station.
- Consideration of the sale of Town land that is currently being used for parking behind Scully’s restaurant.
And then your Council goes into a Special Council Meeting at approximately 9:30 pm to deal with temporary road closures (Deputation Only).
Tuesday May 11th at 7:00 pm sees the Heritage Committee meeting at the Town. We will receive verbal updates on the Drummond Wall designation and the Roxy theatre demolition.
On Wednesday May 12th at 7:30, there will be a candlelight tribute for our veterans at the Cenotaph. Please arrive early.
And lastly on the calendar; Saturday May 15th at 11am is the ground breaking for the new Bayport residential development at Bayport.
A number of items that you have wondered about:
- The taxi industry has been meeting to prepare its position in response to the deferred taxi by-law. No public meeting has been yet announced. Council should next deal with this matter in June.
- Similarly the pawnbrokers in Town will have a response their deferred by-law coming to Council in June
- Gloucester Street (east end) will remain dug up a while longer as a gas main has to be relocated
- The papers have carried recent information about the Sundowner well situation. A new Town well was being drilled at Sundowner Rd. at Balm Beach Road (Not connected to Town mains). About two weeks ago a water sample showed noticeable levels of the chemicals TCE and PCB. A retest was completed this past week showing some TCE and no PCBs,. The Town is now working with nearby well owners to ensure that their wells are safe. If you have questions on this matter please contact the Town at 526-4275.
And finally, look for something “electoral” on Monday.