Ladies and Gentlemen
The rains have arrived. I can’t recall having seen the grass turn yellow in April before. Makes you realize how much we depend upon Mother Nature.
A relatively quiet week in the Town. The County holds its second round of public consultations on our waste strategy. They take place in Thornton on May 3rd, at the Simcoe County Museum on May 4th and at the Coldwater Community Centre on May 5th. Presentations start at 4:30 pm with public discussion starting at 6:00 pm. Your chance to shape our waste future.
On Wednesday May 5th your Council meets in a relatively rare closed planning meeting at 6:30 pm. Then at 7:00 is the regular PAC meeting (Speak at Discretion of Chair). Items of particular interest are:
- A proposal to modify 340 First St to allow a dental services office
- Changes to our by-law requiring all developers to donate parkland to the Town as a condition of development
- Notification of possibly selling Town lands to Scully’s restaurant
Also on May 5th, many Councillors will be at our local McDonalds to help raise money for Community Living Huronia and Ronald McDonald House. Please drop by.
On Friday May 7th Quest Art School and Gallery is having its kick-off event for the annual juried art show. You are welcome to come and see some great art.
And on the building front:
- Final work is occurring on your library. Doors should be fully open in June.
- Across the street, architectural plans are being finalized for the Midland Cultural Centre. Demolition work should start shortly.