Ladies and Gentlemen
It is almost time for the sound of eight tiny reindeer. In keeping with the season the Town offices will close about noon on Thursday the 24th and re-open January 4th.
On Monday the 21st at 7:00 pm the Town will host the last Council meeting of the year. (Deputation Only). A relatively short agenda with an interesting variety of items:
- a deputation by Mike Breslin on the Midland Family Paintball operation
- a deputation by Rotary on the trail system
- consideration of a by-law recognizing the seepage of wastewater from the property on which the County transfer station resides
- the building permits report will tell us that our building activity is back to the level we had in 2001
- consideration will be given to nominating Vern Sweeting and the book “Midland on Georgian Bay” for Ontario Historical Society awards
After that things get quiet. Two items for the future:
- do not miss the historic Olympic Flame Run though our Town, highlighted by the ceremony at the NSSRC at 12 noon Tuesday December 29th.
- election season kicks off when nominations open on January 4th. Will be interesting.
And lastly let me wish each of you a very Merry Christmas – enjoy these special days. See you in 2010.