Ladies and Gentlemen
If this keeps up we will be able to tell our grandchildren about the summer of “09 – the summer that never arrived. My poor tomato plants!
The week starts off with a special meeting at 6:00 pm on Monday June the 8th (You May Not Speak). We will be reviewing the conflicting information on two major tendering projects, and hopefully making a decision.
Then at 7:00 pm is the Committee of the Whole meeting (Written Input). A full agenda with lots of items including;
- Discussion about phasing out the fall leaf vacuuming services
- Presentation of a financial analysis of the increasing cost of our roads maintenance operations
- Proposed plan for building trails on our Town
- Discussion about charging fees for people with boat trailers who park at Pete Peterson Park.
- The Mayor will update the SOS program funding
- And lastly a number of financial matters including guidance that will affect your tax rate for 2010
Wednesday June 6th at 6:00 pm, Councillor Charlebois will lead the first meeting of the new Poverty Committee (Speak at Discretion of Chair). This is a formative meeting so is likely to deal with organizational issues.
The arts community is working with the downtown BIA to host an innovative arts event in August – “ArtWalk”. To help with the financing they are hosting a June 25th boat cruise that will feature music on the water from local artist Carla Crawford. Tickets are available form many downtown merchants including Valu-Mart, Georgian bakery….. or just let me know.
Please remember we have a start-up farmer’s market in Town, every Sunday at 8:00 am behind the Huronia Mall.