Ladies and Gentlemen
As I write this e-mail the sun is shining and my garden beckons. I will keep it short.
The main meeting of the week is the Council Meeting (Deputation Only) on Monday May 25 at 7:00 pm at the Town. A number of interesting topics:
- A deputation on the staff and services cuts affecting our hospital alliance
- A deputation by the arts community regarding the proposed arts centre at the Regent School property
- A deputation by Mr. Sherk concerning his tender applications with the Town
- A vote on a special development charge affecting “to be built’ properties at Tiffin by the Bay
- Formal acceptance for the site plan of a new (large) LCBO at 877 King St. (King and Hwy 12)
I have had many inquiries about the recent decision by the Town for heavy garbage pick-up. I attach the official Minute for your information.
And this Friday, a workshop on Drinking Water Source Protection will take place at the Brooklea starting at 9am. Please contact the Town if you wish to participate.