Ladies and Gentlemen
Not sure about this spring weather. It was cool enough to put my winter coat back on this morning.
Luckily things are warm at the Town. Monday the 11th starts with a flurry of activity. At 5:30 there is a closed meeting to discuss a water main project. Then at 6:00 a general meeting (You May Not Speak) to receive the Business Retention and Expansion study from the North Simcoe Community Futures Corporation. (This survey asked some 140 area business what they needed in the area to be succeed). Then at 7:00 pm a fairly busy General Committee (Written Input) including:
- A return to the road allowance sale issue at Regent School
- A discussion of the downtown parking situation. The meeting will review a recommendation not to waive the $7000 BIA parking fee
- A proposal to have Town staff go door-to-door in 2010 to collect dog license fees from all dog owners
- Heavy garbage pick-up will be brought back for a decision
- A recommendation to realign the Little Lake Park Rd. exit to meet up with 8th Street
- A proposal for a Farmers Market to take place at Harbourfront Park. The Farmers Market is proposed to include up to 200 vendors and run every Sunday from the end of May to October.
Should be interesting.
Friday May 15th is Midland’s Safe Communities Event at Little Lake Park. It runs from 10am until noon and will feature a wide number of safety demonstrations plus a chance to see an Olympic torch. Great for the whole family.
And not wanting to end on a negative note, but I am attaching an information sheet on your Town taxes. Your Council will be voting on this shortly.