Hard to believe its now +9 outside. Winterfest is on and my favorite Royal Newfoundland Regiment is stealing the show with their “Candy Cannon”.
The week will start on Monday the 9th with our Committee meeting at the Town at 7:00 pm (Written Input). A very demanding agenda including:
- Simcoe County District School Board is talking with the Town about making surplus classroom space more available for rental (less costly) to the public
- Discussion of how the new heavy pick-up voucher system may work
- Possible launch of a search for a new Town logo
- Preliminary discussion of whether the Town wants to be a treatment centre for Site 41 leachate
- Possible elimination of the advanced green into Bowling Green, off of King St.
- Changes to the entrance to the Arch restaurant, off of Yonge St.
- Plus a number of environmentally sensitive issues that will get Council debating
Tuesday the 10th at 6:30 pm at the NSSRC will see the last of the visioning exercises (You must Speak). The public is most earnestly invited to attend.
Wednesday morning at 10:30 at the Library will be the ceremonial kick-off of the construction for the new addition.
And get ready for Sunday the 15th when all those interested in art and culture will start the discussion around what we want in our new Art Centre. More details at www.huroniaarts.ca/consultation.