The biggest news this week – spring has finally arrived. So get outside and enjoy it.
Many committee meetings going on this week. Some of the areas your Councillors and citizen members are getting involved in are:
- Midland Accessibility Advisory Committee - Monday 7 pm
- Parking Authority – Tuesday 4 pm
- Midland Heritage – Tuesday 7 pm
- Committee of Adjustment – Thursday 4:30 pm
- Library Board – Thursday 7 pm
All of these are public meetings and you may be allowed to input at the discretion of the Chair. Please confirm locations and times with the Town office if you plan to attend.
In the months ahead I will be writing more about environmental developments. But before I start, I will be joining my fellow Councillors at the Town this Monday at 10:00 am to be briefed by Simcoe County about our new waste programs. These are:
1. Curbside Organics Collection (Green Bin)
2. One Bag Garbage Limit
3. Expanded Recycling Opportunities
4. Expanded Facility Household Hazardous Waste Programs
5. New Electronics Recycling Programs.
These presentations are just for Town staff and Council. I am told that public presentations will take place in early summer.
And Midland’s Earth Hour electricity reduction, when we all turned the lights off for one hour on March 29th – 4.5%; just a little bit less than the provincial average. What have you done to conserve energy today?