I am a little delayed in getting the News to you this week. I have found my garden again and discovered that there is a lot of work to do.
The week will start with a very busy Committee Meeting at Town tonight (Monday) at 7:00 (“Written Comment”). Items include:
- The Drummond Wall on Fuller Ave. Committee will assess if it will undertake an “archeological assessment” of the importance of the wall before holding a public meeting on the matter.
- Household waste costs. Committee will receive a report showing that the Town will get a waste rebate from the County but more importantly that what you pay for waste services per household has increase by 19.3% in 2007 and an expected 15.2% in 2008
- Huronia Players will again ask the Town to help fund the new theatre
- King Street could be under construction this summer if Committee decides to spend the money it has received from the Province on resurfacing King St. from Galloway to Hwy. 12.
- Committee will discuss whether to waive the fees for the popular Rotary Party on the Dock
- A proposal is being brought forward by our Parks Department to start work on our new soccer field and lastly;
- The Mayor will discuss whether the Town will impose a curfew on late night snowmobiling. Appropriately we may not get to this item before 11pm.
Something for everyone.
There will be a SHARE environmental film night at the Penetanguishene Museum this Friday at 7pm.
And lastly, the Memorial Candlelight Tribute will take place at the Cenotaph on May 7th at 7:30.