Saturday, December 1, 2018

Saturday December 1, 2018


Ladies and Gentlemen



December 1, 2018 - and so it draws to a close.  The first “News from the Town” was published on January 28, 2007, over 11 years ago. It’s amazing how quickly the years slip by. Possibly a sign I am having too much fun.



I hope that you have enjoyed my weekly effort to keep you abreast of the happenings in our community.  Knowing what is going on in your neighbourhood is an important part of building our community. I think our new mayor, Stewart Strathearn, will be publishing his own newsletter.  If he goes that route I will certainly let you know.



One downside of leaving the mayor’s chair is that I will lose my source of information about many of our local community events. So I will be discontinuing NFTT is its current form.  There are other good sources of community events available to you – the Midland Mirror and the Town website calendar at https://www.midland.ca/quick-links/community-events-calendar.



In 2019 I intend to continue with a different type of News from the Town.  I will use my vantage point as 8 years as your mayor to comment on civic happenings both locally and globally.  If you would rather not receive my musings, please send me an e-mail asking to be taken off of the distribution list.



And since it is hard to get an old horse out of harness, a few closing program notes:



·         Monday December 3rd at 6:00 pm at the Town Hall, you are invited to attend the swearing in ceremony for your new Council



·         And on Wednesday December 19th, the Georgian Bay Native Friendship Centre invites everyone to attend, free of charge, their Community Christmas Dinner. A full dinner is served from noon to 5:00 pm at their Yonge Street location





Good bye, I have enjoyed our time together.





Gord McKay









The Year for Forging Our Future - 2018

                                                                                              






No comments: