Ladies and Gentlemen
A fine albeit rainy week in store as we head into the Easter break. Time to get that lawn and garden whipped into shape for what promises to be a great summer.
The Week Ahead
Monday the 10th at 10:00 am our Midland Lions come to Town Hall to raise their flag in honour of the Midland Lions 80th anniversary. At 7:00 pm it’s the General Committee meeting including:
- A presentation for putting Yonge Street from First to Eighth on a “road diet” - that is narrowing the road to reduce speed and improve pedestrian safety
- Minor changes to the composition of our OPP Costing Committee
- Review of alternate voting methods that we may use for the 2018 election
- A proposal by Barnstormer Brewery and the Boathouse Restaurant for an Oktoberfest event at our waterfront
On Tuesday at 9:00 am, County Council will discuss a number of interesting issues including reducing garbage Double-Up Days; limiting the number of tagged bags that you can put out; and deciding on our Midland OPA #9 respecting Second Units.
Starting Wednesday the 12th and every Wednesday at 4pm thereafter, our Library is holding a Children’s Gardening Club in the Library’s rooftop garden. (How many of you knew there was a garden on top of our Library?) Get ready to make friends, give back, and get messy! Children younger and older are paired with a buddy as we explore new topics from soil and seeds to vegetables and pollination every week.
Friday the 14th is Good Friday – Town offices will be closed. At 8:00 pm the Steve Strongman band will be playing the MCC.
Week - End
Saturday April 15
- 1:00 pm – Take part in the Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Hunt at the Huronia Museum
Sunday April 16
Council Issues Update
The MPUC Transaction Committee is continuing its discussions with our consultant about the response to the RFP process. See attached media release.
On March 31st GBGH issued the purchase order for its new CT scanner. The GBGH Board and Foundation want to extend their thanks to everyone for their solid support which now allows GBGH to move forward with this much anticipated and needed replacement. Midland bats way above the average when it comes to supporting Georgian Bay General Hospital.
Town is closed on the Monday.
The Year for Getting It Done - 2017