Ladies and Gentlemen
The May 2 4 week-end - the sun is shining mightily – the tourists are starting to spring to life. So why is everyone still hanging onto their winter coat? Longing for summer.
Tuesday May 20th will feature a special presentation at the MCC, “Cancer Screening for Life”.
The event features our popular Phil Edmunds and Dr. Jennifer Jones. It starts at 7:00 pm; tickets are $10.
Wednesday May 21st is the Midland Rotary Random Acts of Kindness Day - a reminder that kindness makes the world a better place for all. Come to the Town dock at noon for a Rotary “chili-dog” or drop by Town Hall for a free coffee – and pass the kindness along.
From 9:00 am to 1:00 pm that day, the Simcoe County Alliance to End Homelessness will host a conference at the Simcoe County Museum on Affordable Housing Strategies. You should register in advance at email@example.com. At 4:00 pm is the delayed Zombie Walk (seems that zombies don’t like rain!) This youth engagement activity will start at the NSSRC and proceed down King Street, telling all who they encounter about the upcoming blood donor clinics in the Midland area. Apparently they will not be soliciting donations on the sidewalk. ;-)
And to close off Wednesday I will assist with the opening of the Bajic Denture Clinic at 5:00 pm at 519 Hugel. Getting busy in the downtown.
On Thursday May 22nd Discovery Harbor invites you to the opening of its new Tecumseth museum. This museum displays the hull of the original Tecumseth, a fighting ship that figured in the war of 1812. The launch event is at 11:00 am - admission to the museum and the Discovery Harbour grounds is free all day.
At 6:00 pm that evening the Town will host two meetings. A closed meeting will start at 6:00 pm for Council to receive a final solicitor briefing on the terminated MPUC talks. The closed meeting will also review the current negotiations with OPSEU. At 7:00 pm is a special Council Meeting to pass the DC by-law, as required by law. The intention of Council is to freeze the existing rates for a year to allow Council the opportunity to better determine our DC charges to meet planning and economic development objectives.
Friday May 23rd at 8:00 pm sees Huronia Players start their latest play “I’ll be Back Before Midnight”. Your ticket awaits at the MCC.
Must be summer – so much going on.
- At 9:00 am, the Horticultural Society plant and bake sale at NSSRC
- The Model Train Railroad Show at NSSRC from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. A delight for young and old
- Midland Firefighters are hosting a fundraiser at Lot 102 for Muscular Dystrophy. The evening will feature the Barrel Works Band
- The Model Train Railroad Show at NSSRC from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Big Bothers and Sisters Car Rally. Starts at Pillsbury parking lot at 11:00 am
- Midland Lions Walk for Guide Dog at 12:45 at Midland dock
- Royal Canadian Sea Cadet Review at NSSRC at 13:30 sharp
- We are the Villagers is hosting a fundraiser at the Library restaurant - The Love Bus Murder Mystery and dinner. Doors open at 6:00 pm. Tickets are $45. Well worth it for an evening of great fun.
Be part of Midland’s Year of Making Decisions - 2014