Ladies and Gentlemen
Winter is back with a vengeance. Look at this as another one of those “when I was a boy” moments that we can use to annoy the younger generation.
Monday February 11th at 7:00 pm at the Town Hall is the General Committee. A busy evening including:
- A new Active Transportation Committee – looking for 4 members of the public
- Development of a municipal cultural plan
- Proposal to increase fees for harbor services
- Proposal to hire a professional fireman/woman to replace a retiring fireman
- Draft by-law to control the aerosol paints being used by individuals to create graffiti (currently the Town is spending about $10,000 per year responding to graffiti)
Tuesday February 12th is the Warden’s Bonspiel at the Penetanguishene Curling Club to raise funds for Georgian Village. Your chance to see Glenn Howard and many other local luminaries throwing rocks at each other. A full day of fun, starting at 8:00 am.
On Thursday, Midlhurst will be the site of an important meeting as the mayors from around Georgian Bay meet to discuss low water levels in Georgian Bay. The meeting will:
- Review the three kick-off meetings held last week
- Review the many reported problems being experienced around Georgian Bay and
- Develop our approach for Queens Park and Ottawa
Expect a public meeting updating you on developments around the end of the month.
And remember that Thursday February 14th is Valentines Day – enjoy the moment with a loved one.
Friday February 15th is the start of the 65th edition of Penetanguishene’s Winterama - weekend of fun and games. Festivities begin with a downtown parade starting at 7:00 pm on Friday.
Ashley Matt and Nate Lacroix are creating a feature documentary about the “shop local culture” in Midland and surrounding area. If the film is successful it will make a significant statement to people all over the world about the importance of strengthening one’s local economy.
If you are interested in seeing what these two young entrepreneurs from Midland have in mind, check-out their video at startlocalmovie.com . And if you feel like helping them out, they are “crowdfunding” at http://www.indiegogo.com/startlocalmovie.
Be part of Midland’s Year of Getting Involved - 2013.