Ladies and Gentlemen
It’s official. After receiving my hug from Santa at the Santa Claus parade, the festive season can now begin.
Two events in keeping with the spirit of the season occur on Monday December 3rd. The YMCA holds its annual Gifts to Give at the NSSRC from 9:00 am – 11:00 am. Individuals who cannot afford to buy presents for their families this season are invited to come out and select from quality donated items.
The Salvation Army Christmas Food Drive runs from Dec 3rd to 14th. One of the drop-off locations is the Edward Jones Midland office at 525 Bay St, during office hours. The food bank is looking for non-perishable items. Please check the Best Before date before donating.
Wednesday December 5th is Planning and Development Committee at the Town at 7:00 pm. A lengthy agenda including:
- Site Plan application for the BINN property on Hwy 12
- Consolidation of parts of 623, 627, 631 and 635 Sixth Street to ensure future purchasers are aware of development requirements
- Review of our Site Plan application process and planning fees
- Discussion of enhanced public notice for planning matters
- A template for a future tree cutting by-law
Thursday December 6th is the National Day for Remembrance and Acton for Violence Against Women. Our Rosewood shelter will be holding a commemorative event starting at 6:30 pm at our Library.
On Friday December 7th, the Midland Area Reading Council invites you to enjoy their seasonal social starting at noon at their new premises on Dominion Avenue. Later that day your Huronia mayors will gather to discuss our next steps to assist those affected by low water levels on Georgian Bay.
Two special events for Saturday December the 8th:
- The Midland Curling Club us hosting a Special Olympics curling event at the Midland club starting at 9:00 am
- The Midland Heritage Committee asks you to join them for a Victorian Christmas. Tour a number of festively decorated home from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Tickets are $10.00 at the Town.
Be part of Midland’s exciting Year of Having Fun - 2012.