Ladies and Gentlemen
We’re part way through a long week-end. The fall leaves are at their peak – the weather is a bit dodgy though. I hope that you are gathered with family and friends, enjoying some well carved turkey and the joy of being together.
The past week saw the completion of our first series of Ward meetings. Attendance over the three nights ranged from a low of six to a high of forty. Most people seemed to enjoy the opportunity to talk directly with their Councilors in a more casual manner. If Council agrees, we may do this again next year.
Tuesday October 9th and your Council is back to work with a closed meeting at 6:00 pm. The meeting will address a land exchange matter and two of litigation. Then at 7:00 pm is the regular General Committee at Town Hall, including:
- Bryan Peter will tell us about the 2013 events line-up including the return of Tugfest, Tall Ships and a new Thunder Riders weekend. It just keeps getting better.
- A report from the Seniors Council on their Strategy for Seniors
- A report from our Treasurer on Council’s fiscal responsibility directive
- Councilor committee appointments for 2013- 2014
On Thursday Oct 11th at 3:00 pm the new President of Georgian College Ms. Mary Lynn West Moynes, will be inaugurated at Georgian College in Barrie. Then at 7:00 pm that evening at NSSRC Mr. Bryan Peter invites you for an update of the events he has been working on. This meeting is a follow-up to the meeting held in the spring where members of the public proposed many new ideas for events in Midland.
Friday Oct 12th, starting at 9:30 am and running to 2:30 pm, its Garfield Dunlop’s Seniors Information Day. The event is at the NSSRC and will feature presentations, demonstrations and lots of helpful information for seniors.
Then on Saturday, October 13th, two special events:
- Huronia Players celebrates its first 50 years with a party at the MCC starting at 2:00 pm
- At 7:30 that evening, please come to a Rule Britannia concert at St Pauls in support of Out of the Cold. Tickets at the door.
Many of you have been following the release of the KPMG report in the local media. For another perspective you may wish to view my blog at: http://newsfromthetown.blogspot.ca/2012_10_01_archive.html
Be part of Midland’s exciting Year of Having Fun - 2012.