Ladies and Gentlemen
Its fall, though the weatherman promises more warm days ahead. The new season sees lots going on with Keewatin now open to the public and our new Tim Hortons ready to launch in mid-October. Still….summer will be missed.
Council will convene Monday September 24th with a closed session at 6:00 pm. The closed session will address labour and personnel matters. At 7:00 pm that evening in the Town Hall is the regular Council meeting. The agenda includes:
- Two deputations; one dealing with the property at 17077 Hwy 12, the second on the Town Waterfront Study
- We will receive a second Ombudman’s report; this one finding problems with our closed meeting process
- A request from our neighbours to help keep the Trent Severn locks open for the full boating season
- An offer by the YMCA for us to participate in a youth engagement initiative
Wednesday September 26th at 9:30 am the four Huronia municipalities will be hosting a unique event at the MCC – our first Prosperity Summit. The Summit is a key element in our growing economic development initiative. It brings together area business and economic leaders to better steer our economic future. The conference will be highlighted by an address from Dr. Kevin Stolarick and showcase our new Huronia Economic Alliance website.
Later that same day, at 6:30 pm, is the Community Living Huronia AGM at Brooklea. Then at 7:00 pm at the Town Hall is the second of our Ward meetings. This is the chance for those from Ward Three to meet your Councillor(s) one on one.
Thursday September 27th sees two important gatherings:
- The Huronia Community Foundation holds its AGM at Martyrs’ Shrine starting at 11:45 am
- At 7:00 pm that evening at Town Hall we kick off the budget cycle with a special type of meeting. This new meeting gives citizens an opportunity to talk to Council about what they would like to see in the 2013 budget. Please come and give us your views on our next budget.
Friday the 28th is the start of the Coldwater Fall Festival. Come and join me for the parade staring at noon in Coldwater.
Saturday will also be a busy day.
- It’s our last Treasure Day of the season. Please put your re-usable items out to the curb after 8:00 am and have unclaimed items back in before 4:00 pm
- Big Brothers Big Sisters host their Home Tour. Tickets to gain entry to the many fine homes are $35.00. More information at www.KidsDo.Matter.com
- At 5:30 pm is the Midland Sports Hall of Fame Inductees Ceremonies and dinner at the NSSRC. A great event for our community – tickets required.
Be part of Midland’s exciting Year of Having Fun - 2012.