Ladies and Gentlemen
A beautiful Mother’s Day and a chance to honor the individual who is at the heart of our families.
We will be meeting at the NSSRC at on Monday May 9th for our General Committee. (Soon we will be moving to our new Town Hall Council chamber – its looking great). Likely a long agenda including:
- direction on how we will be changing our taxi bylaw – meter or flat fare
- direction on how we want to handle the transportation of heavy waste from your home to the transfer station
- what we should do with our 2011, $776,000 budget surplus
- a discussion on how many committees your Council should have (Council currently participates in 36 different committees) and
- direction to staff on the 2012 budget objectives
Some of your favourite politicians will be at McDonalds on Hwy 93 though the day on Wednesday May 11th to raise funds for Community Living Huronia. Please drop by. That same evening is the Planning and Development Committee meeting at at the NSSRC. Two major items on the agenda are;
- proposal to re-start our suspended Official Plan Review process
- submission of the amended Employment Area Policy Review with a recommendation that it go to a public meeting
The weekend features many events in our area:
- at on Friday May 13th is the Huronia Museum Heritage Dinner – Tickets are still available from the museum
- at pm on Friday members of Quota International District 18 will meet in conference at the Best Western – welcome to all
- Port McNicoll is handing out its annual awards at on Saturday May 14th at the Community Centre in Port McNicoll
- on Sunday May 15th at is the annual Field Naturalist dinner at the Wye Marsh. The noted Terrence Dickinson will be the featured speaker.