Ladies and Gentlemen
As is often observed about Canadian weather – it is never boring. Hope that’s not the end of spring for 2011.
Recap – This past Thursday some 50 plus citizens from
and Penetanguishene met at Midland MSS to plan our common future. Community building at its best. Look for a summary report on the conclusions, likely by mid-March.
Recap – Penetanguishene’s Winterama was a great success despite Mother Nature’s best attempt to blow it away. An evening parade, a midway and politicians “shooting turkeys” – something for everyone. I am pleased to report that Deputy Mayor Kramp came home with 3rd prize and a pound of bacon.
With Monday being a holiday, your Council will meet on Wednesday February 23rd starting at with an in-camera meeting. Then at is the regular Council meeting at the NSSRC. Items include:
- a Public Meeting to receive your input on new fees and charges for 2011 plus Council’s one third tax free allowance
- Council will define the topics to be covered under its Taxi By-law review process
- two planning items including a decision on the 281
Cr. application, and an update on the Hillcrest portico Cranston
A number of other items that are being worked on.
· The Midland Police Service is continuing its work on a response to the Town of
about providing a policing service Penetanguishene
· Councillor File and Councillor Pendlebury are organizing/leading our Council strategy session. The first meeting should be in early March. All Councillors will be providing their views on Council’s priorities. I will be giving News from the Town readers my own views in the days ahead
· A committee is being formed to start our community garden project. The first meeting is Monday Feb 28 at , NSSRC Community Hall B.