Ladies and Gentlemen
Skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing – its all out there waiting for you. Get out and enjoy it.
Your Council begins its week with a photo shoot. The formal photo will take place in the new Town Hall Council chambers at on Monday January 10th. Then at Council is back at its temporary location at the NSSRC for the January General Committee meeting. A short but interesting agenda including:
- A proposal to review our taxi by-law
- A discussion on Council’s proposed strategy session
- An update by our “Solar Panel Investigation Group”.
- A proposal to develop a policy for naming public sites
The next major Town meeting is the Planning and Development Committee meeting on Wednesday January 12th at at the NSSRC. A lot of significant items coming forward.
and Penetanguishene’s response to the province’s Urban Growth Node Amendment 1 Midland
- An elaboration of the consultation process the two municipalities are proposing to use to engage the public in what it means to be an Urban Growth Node
- An introduction to the proposed Economic Action Initiative, being considered by Tiny,
Tay, Penetanguishene and . Midland
- And to cap it off, we will hear a summary of what the Planning Department accomplished in 2010
This week at County, the three
of Council will be meeting. The major item that they will all be dealing with is the County budget that is expected to be passed later this month. If you have any ideas on County programs or spending please forward them to your County Committees – the Mayor and Deputy Mayor of your respective municipalities. County Councillors
In closing, our Winterfest event schedule is ready (see attached). I hope to see you all out there enjoying
on the weekend of February 5th and 6th. Midland