Ladies and Gentlemen
We have been spoiled by Mother Nature. I just have to remember that it is still too early to put my tomatoes out into the garden.
The work starts on Monday March 22nd when Council meets at the Town at 7:00 pm (Deputation Only, but read on). The meeting will include:
- A deputation from Doral about the Town servicing the Doral Marina in Tay
- A petition against requiring meters in Midland taxi cabs
- A proposal to convert Town street lights and commercial properties to energy efficient lighting
- An agreement between the Town and the developer about protecting the historic Drummond Wall
The Council meeting will also feature something novel - a Public Meeting. The Public Meeting will allow residents to comment on:
- The proposed Taxi Cab By-Law
- The proposed Pawn Shop By-Law
Once the public discussion is over, Council will put these two By-laws to a vote.
On Tuesday March 22nd - something lighter. The Huronia Foundation for the Arts is hosting a Meet and Greet with Your Feet at 7:00 pm at the Askennonia Center at the NSSRC. If you want to Tango, it’s a must attend.
On Friday March 26th at 2:00 pm the Nottawasaga Futures organization will introduce their Green Economy Transition Centre initiative. The meeting is at The Club in Bond Head, 4805 7th Line.
And on Sunday the 28th starting at 9:00 am the Elmvale Water organization is hosting a Town Hall meeting on our water, its use and abuse. This all day event at the Elmvale Community Centre will tell you how water is being protected in Simcoe County.