Ladies and Gentlemen
A beautiful day outside – so I will keep this short.
Council’s week starts with a closed meeting at 6:30 pm on Monday the 9th of November. Then at 7:00 pm is our Committee meeting (Written Input) at the Town. A fairly uncontroversial agenda including:
- Public Works will report on its projects. For those of you on Gloucester St. the paving and curbing should be done this November; and our new water tank in Sunnyside should also be ready.
- Building permit fees are proposed to rise
- Get ready for our Olympic torch ceremony on December 29th at the NSSRC
On Tuesday the 10th at 7:00 pm your Heritage Committee (Speak at Discretion of Chair) will discuss the Drummond Wall, as it moves towards official designation as a historical landmark.
Wednesday is Remembrance Day. Our area will honor our men and women in uniform at the 11th hour at the Cenotaph. Please arrive early.
Our MPP Garfield Dunlop is inviting area residents to the Highwayman Inn in Orillia at 10:30 am on Thursday the 12th to discuss affordable housing solutions.
And lastly two other items of interest:
- A special committee meeting will be held on Monday Nov 16 2009, 10:30 am to discuss the Eight St. intersection and Arch restaurant. Its in Board Room B. (You May Not Speak)
- The Police Services Board is holding a public consultation on its Community Based Strategic Plan. Your opportunities to input are Tuesday Nov 17th at 2 pm or Thursday Nov 19th at 7:00 pm at the NSSRC. (Welcome to Speak)