Ladies and Gentlemen
A very busy week ahead. Nothing like a nice sunny week-end to get you moving.
This Monday October 19th at 6:00 pm your Council will meet to consider the design firm for the reconstruction of our municipal offices (You May Not Speak). We will hear from 5 different firms about how they will approach the $4 million project.
Tuesday the 20th at 7:00 will see the Council meet again to discuss poverty (Speak at Discretion of Chair). The Council should use this meeting to set its future direction. At the same time at the Elmvale Community Hall, 33 Queen St., Elmvale, Zero Waste Simcoe will be holding its first of three public meetings on the future of Zero Waste in Simcoe County. Your chance to learn about and comment on how our waste practices will have to change.
Wednesday starts with early morning fellowship at the annual Christian Breakfast. Doors open at 6:30 am, breakfast at 7:00 am at the NSSRC. Then at 5:30 that evening, your Council meets to discuss the operational budget for 2010 (You May Not Speak).
For the rest of the week, a number of interesting items:
- Local Business Week is hosting a breakfast on Friday at 7:30 am at Inn at Bay Moorings
- Friday evening at 7:00 features the environmental film Blue Gold taking place at OnlyGreen on King St. in Midland
- Saturday at 6pm is the Huronia Hospital Foundation gala at Best Western
And lastly some information about our electricity system in Midland:
- The new SMART electricity meters that are now being installed will permit “Time Of Use” billing to occur. (You will save money if you use electricity off-peak.) TOU should be active in Midland in 2011.
- Our MPUC will allow small home generators (solar, wind) to be connected to the grid under the micro Tariff Feed In Program. Contact MPUC for further information.