Ladies and Gentlemen
A lovely Easter weekend is upon us. I hope you are all successful in your Easter egg hunts.
The holiday will delay our Town Committee meeting until Tuesday April 14th at 7:00 pm (Written input). A reasonably long agenda with a number of interesting items:
- Review of recommendation not to put No Parking signs on George St.
- Discussion of a land sale to assist the development of the new art centre
- An update by the Mayor on the Shelter Now development charge situation
- Huronia Museum is going to ask the Town to support its request for a $1.5 million grant from the Province
- The Library will be also asking the Town to support its bid for a $600,000 grant from the Province
- And lastly the Town will react to the recent letter from the BIA expressing concern about the downtown parking situation
Other than that a reasonably quiet week. Out of the Cold will wrap up its season on Thursday with a volunteer Pot-Luck dinner and a thank-you to all the residents of Penetanguishene, Tiny, Tay and Midland who make this program possible.