It’s going to be a busy week for we hard-working Councillors. (What!….Am I not hearing any sympathy???)
Monday the 24th starts off at 5:30 pm at the Town when we discuss your upcoming water and sewer rates. (Participate at Discretion of Chair).
Then at 7:00 pm we move into what will be a lengthy Council Meeting (Deputation Only). The meeting will start with possibly 6 deputations. Residents are bringing forward such issues as:
- The Physician Recruitment program
- Concern about our taxes
We will also discuss:
- The County’s change of heart in reinstating the heavy waste pick-up. Midland is set to adopt the voucher system and has taken no further action to reduce the amount to waste headed to landfill.
- The $1.2 million grant from the province to help our capital projects. It is good to see but unlikely to be repeated over the next few years.
- The proposed increase in the parking permit rates.
- The Town’s comments on the County’s Official Plan, describing our growth, employment and infrastructure targets.
What is not on the agenda is any follow-up to the heated discussion on whether we should be able to vote for our local hospital Board.
On Tuesday November 25th at 9:00 am the County will vote on its Official Plan. The meeting will take place at the County of Simcoe Council Chambers, 1110 Highway 26, Midhurst.
On Wednesday November 26th at 5:45 pm we will discuss the second draft of the Town budget. (You May Not Speak). Coming out of this meeting should be a fairly clear indication of where tax rates are headed.