I hope that your summer is going well.
Things may seem to be summer quiet at the Town but there is really a lot of stuff going on.
This Monday the 28th the County of Simcoe will be holding a public meeting respecting its draft Official Plan. This plan is important to Midland as it will set many of the planning rules we will have to abide by for the next five years. The meeting is at the North Simcoe Sports and Recreation Centre. Doors open at 6 pm, presentations start at 7 pm. (“You May Speak”)
On Tuesday July 29th the Town gets back into meeting mode. At 6 pm is a closed meeting to basically discuss membership for a new Town committee. Then at 7:00 pm at the Town is the regular Council Meeting (“Deputation Only”). A lot of interesting items including:
- Last winter the Post Office stopped mail delivery to some addresses on Yonge St., William St. and Fourth St. because of a lack of sidewalks. The Post Office has indicated it will stop delivery again this winter. We will discuss how the Town will respond.
- A proposal is being made to rename the Tiffin parkette at the base of Yonge Street in honour of Vas Kuchar, the visionary architect who created the Tiffin development.
- We will discuss the Town’s “significant concerns” to some of the proposals in the County’s Official Plan. These matters could significantly affect the future of Midland.
August 6th will see a Public Hearing (“You May Speak”) at the Town at 7 pm on three matters:
- A zoning amendment to construct a two story office Tower at the corner of Yonge and Hartman Dr.
- A zoning amendment to increase lot coverage of the undeveloped properties known as the Stollar lands
- A zoning amendment to allow a daycare to be operated at 562 King St.
August 9th will see a wakeboard event – “Boardrock” – take place at the Town Dock.
And finally, the next meeting of the Planning Advisory Committee (“You May Speak”) is scheduled for Wednesday August 13th.