It’s now officially springtime and lots of things are happening in the Town.
If you are a walker you may be interested in the sidewalk restoration projects set for this year:
· Victoria Street - South side, Fourth Street to Sixth Street
· William Street - West side, Jeanne Street to Alcorn Subdivision
· Lindsay Street - East side, Bay Street to Barnett Avenue
· George Street - West side, Bay Street to Barnett Avenue
· Bay Street - South side, King Street to Midland Avenue
· Hugel Avenue - South side, Russell Street to Manly Street
And for drivers, the following roads will be resurfaced. (Please note a few other roads – not on this list - are being fully rebuilt).
· Cedar Street (all)
· Huron Street (all)
· George Street (Gloucester north to end)
· Portage Park Lane (all)
· Vindin Street (Ludlow Street to Fifth Street)
· Little Lake Park Road (approx 280m)
· Everton Road
The old St. Theresa High school on Barnett Ave has been scheduled for demolition in May.
The Town has been officially notified that the Regent Park Public School on Russell Street has been approved for closure and disposition. So if you want to buy a school, now is your chance.
Team Glen Howard is going to be honoured on Saturday June 2nd at 4:00 pm at the Coldwater Curling/Recreation Center. There is an admission fee so you may want to contact the arena at 705-686-3946.
And don’t forget our own Twisted Pines arts and music festival this May long weekend.
May 12, 2007